There have been 4 changes to Should you learn how to code？ since it was first created (Jan 1, 2021).
Most recent changes*
- Note confidence benefits of coding 1/1/21
- Articulate basic answer on whether or not someone should learn how to code 1/1/21
- Document the utility of no-code tools 1/1/21
- Noting the joy of building stuff 1/1/21
Should you learn how to code?
I'm sometimes asked about
But, of course, there's a prior question - should I learn how to code? - which I am asked about less.
Some things that fly around in this debate:
Some things which I think need articulating more:
My general opinion is:
- almost everybody could learn how to code
- I can't reasonably give a blanket answer as to whether a given person should learn how to code
- but I think the answer is plausibly, yes, it would be a worthwhile investment for you to learn at least some coding for a significant proportion of people.
Why? Well, no matter what you want to do,
Some competency in coding - even if slight - can do someone a world of good in confidence because it can go some way to removing the perception