EdTech, Climate, Future of Work, DE+I
🧑🌾 You're in my digital garden - a tangled web of incomplete and rough thoughts.
There have been 3 changes to Generalism and me since it was first created (Jan 2, 2021).
Most recent changes*
*N.B. these change messages aren't always optimised for public readability
- Create storytelling note 1/20/21
- Link motivations to generalism 1/2/21
- Relate generalism to self 1/2/21
Generalism and me
I consider myself quite a bit of a
But, similar terms I wouldn't ascribe to myself:
- jack-of-all-trades - connatations of being mediocre at everything (demeaning)
- polymath - connations of being exceptional at everything (arrogant)
(although if somebody wanted to call me a polymath, I'd be flattered and take the compliment...)
I consider myself a generalist because I've found that I've done a wide range of things
and I enjoy all of them (and consider myself above-average in all of them, too).
It's one of the reasons why I chose to study